Neuigkeiten
  • Die modified eCommerce Shopsoftware ist kostenlos, aber nicht umsonst.
    Spenden
  • Damit wir die modified eCommerce Shopsoftware auch zukünftig kostenlos anbieten können:
    Spenden
  • Thema: Hello, would appreciate some help

DyO13

• Neu im Forum
    Hello, would appreciate some help
    am: 18. März 2015, 15:40:48
    Hello, im newb into modified shop, im using it cause of work, so i installed one for myself (just to learn from the begin the basic structures) and after the step by step thing, when i go into my shop, there is an error of . <quote> "Warning: Illegal string offset 'products_id' in D:\xampp\htdocs\modified eCommerce Shopsoftware-1.05\templates\xtc5\source\boxes\whats_new.php on line 68 " </quote>

Code: PHP  [Auswählen]
    $random_product['products_name'] = xtc_get_products_name($random_product['products_id']);    

As far as i see in the php code, everything is fine, my first thought was, that because of the version (as you can see above im using the 1.05) something was wrong, i just googled and search in here, and at this version this problem should be already fixed (it was some kind of declare problem, the warning is because an illegal string, it must be an array), but i still have it, and don't know why, tried a lot of thing but nothing.

Also have to say, that what i get is just a warning in the top but i do still see the shop website (its just empty as i recently created)

I would really appreciate any kind of help, im sorry about not speaking/writing on german but 'mein Deutsch ist Grund'  :`(

Ps: When i register myself on birth part is bugged or so (ask me for DD/MM/YYYY format but when i put it like that tells me it's wrong)  :(

Vielen Dank im Voraus!

Linkback: https://www.modified-shop.org/forum/index.php?topic=32536.0
    Modulshop - Eine große Auswahl an neuen und hilfreichen Modulen für die modified eCommerce Shopsoftware

web0null

• Experte
    Re: Hello, would appreciate some help
    Antwort #1 am: 18. März 2015, 19:17:43
    $random_product['products_name'] = isset($random_product['products_id']) ? xtc_get_products_name($random_product['products_id']) : '';

Gruß

DyO13

• Neu im Forum
    Antwort #2 am: 23. März 2015, 09:46:41
    $random_product['products_name'] = isset($random_product['products_id']) ? xtc_get_products_name($random_product['products_id']) : '';

Gruß

Viele Dank! It works perfectly now!  :-D

I really didn't think i'd have to change that line, because on my companys real shop (currently working) is the same line(68) ,the one i had to change, that's why i thought i shouldn't rewrite it, kinda weird.

Anyway, thanks a lot, have a nice day!

webald

• modified Team
    Antwort #3 am: 23. März 2015, 10:00:31
    If You are just starting, I would really suggest to use newest version, which You will find in download-section. There are several security-issues fixed.

DyO13

• Neu im Forum
    Antwort #4 am: 23. März 2015, 10:48:06
    If You are just starting, I would really suggest to use newest version, which You will find in download-section. There are several security-issues fixed.

Yes im recently starting, but im using this version because is the same as my company currently version, so i have to get used of it until they decide to migrate to the uptaded one, im going to tell them about the security-issues tho. Thanks for the advice

fishnet

• Fördermitglied
    Antwort #5 am: 23. März 2015, 10:52:56
    ermm... there is a big difference between these versions in security but not in "daily work", so you should REALLY install the newest version and later update the other shop.
    Installing new version - 10 minutes
    Copy Content, shipping details, e-mail templates and everything else - 4 hours

vs

update old shop to new shop
    well... 10 to 20 hours per shop depending on your skills...

DyO13

• Neu im Forum
    Antwort #6 am: 23. März 2015, 13:10:45
    ermm... there is a big difference between these versions in security but not in "daily work", so you should REALLY install the newest version and later update the other shop.
    Installing new version - 10 minutes
    Copy Content, shipping details, e-mail templates and everything else - 4 hours

vs

update old shop to new shop
    well... 10 to 20 hours per shop depending on your skills...

Ye, that's what i meant to migrate to the "updated one"(latest version), just copying everything and doing whatever i'd need to do to run the shop on the latest version.

It's just that i don't have access/permission to do that now, im a normal employee(trainee actually) so best i can do is to tell my boss about security issues on our current version.

Thanks for the concern. Have a nice day!

MSC

• Fördermitglied
    Antwort #7 am: 15. Januar 2017, 11:40:00

Gruß

I had the same problem and with your advice it works just wonderfull.

Thanks a lot.

Regards
    MSC