Neuigkeiten
  • Die modified eCommerce Shopsoftware ist kostenlos, aber nicht umsonst.
    Spenden
  • Damit wir die modified eCommerce Shopsoftware auch zukünftig kostenlos anbieten können:
    Spenden
  • Thema: new to the modified eCommerce Shopsoftware cms and need some Information

thegentletrainer

• Neu im Forum
    Hey ,
    as the title indicates , I am new to this CMS , and would like to have some Ideas about it ? What are its advantages / inconveniences comparing to other CMS like prestashop ...

I would also appreciate it if you could guide me to some nice tutorials either in English , German or even French .

Thank you so much

Linkback: https://www.modified-shop.org/forum/index.php?topic=31776.0

fishnet

• Fördermitglied
    First, welcome at modified ecommerce, hope you will have fun here.
    Modified is
    - fast
    - free as freedom and as free beer
    - open source.
    You can change whatever you want or look for a Service who make changes for you.

Modified is not plug-and-play. You should know what a FTP Program is and perhaps you have Notepad++

thegentletrainer

• Neu im Forum
    Hey thanks for your answer .. I am a php developer and have a basic knowledge of development (ftp programs, text editors , smarty , ... ) though I would love to have some tutorials on how to install new modules for example .

Best Regards ,
    TheGentleTrainer

fishnet

• Fördermitglied
    There are no plugin Modules because Modified has no plugin-System.

Bonsai

• Viel Schreiber
    What is called "Modules" here is more a hack to modify the shop.

Good thing on modified, if you are programmer, you can implement nearly everything you can imagine.
    The code is not too complex and the community often helps very quickly to find the proper code part you are looking for to modify it.

Bad thing .... at the moment the default template is not a responsive one. So you have to design your own, choose one of the free or buy one .... and they might have some bugs.
    Little bugs are also in the default template, but easy to fix and you find everything about this here in the forum.

Example is a <p></p> around the product description and the editor also places a p element so you get this invalid code:
    Code: PHP  [Auswählen]
    <p><p>your description</p></p>

If you buy something, make sure first, (if required for you) multi language implemented or not .... some guys just write some code for their own and make it public then and others then find out the guy ignored the multi language part. You also could implement the multilanguage then by your own, that's easy in the most cases. I only wanted to prevent you from a suprize ;-)

Welcome on board!
    Shop Hosting