Neuigkeiten
  • Die modified eCommerce Shopsoftware ist kostenlos, aber nicht umsonst.
    Spenden
  • Damit wir die modified eCommerce Shopsoftware auch zukünftig kostenlos anbieten können:
    Spenden
  • Thema: recommendation vs customer tip

jey

• Frisch an Board
    am: 18. Februar 2012, 08:47:11
    If i activated the cross selling group, in products info page two recommended products tab displayed.

what is the differnce between recommendation products and Customer-tips products?

Linkback: https://www.modified-shop.org/forum/index.php?topic=18329.0
    Shop Hosting

Jim

• Fördermitglied
    Antwort #1 am: 18. Februar 2012, 10:15:10
    Good morning jeyganesh,

Actually, it's all about marketing. If a customer views a product, it is possible to display a collection of related products. This can lead to an additional sale.

Customer-Tips:

This is a collection of products selected from past orders. The software looks into order history for the main product and sees what customers added to the same basket. It then displays a collection of these products.

Recommended Products:

This is your cross-selling collection. You can build this list in Admin. For example, let's say your shop sells computer printers. You also sell replacement ink cartridges. You have the possibility to create a list of replacement ink cartridges that would correctly fit to the printer and these cartridges would then be displayed as 'Recommended Products'.

There is also an additional selling option called 'Reverse Cross Selling'. But, I do not know if this option is very popular or useful. It all depends on what kind of products you are selling. Reverse Cross Selling works hand-in-hand with the Recommended Products (Cross-Selling) data base. Let's use our printer / ink cartridge shop as an example: If the customer views a replacement ink cartridge he will then see a list of the printers that this cartridge will work with.

Are you running a shop in english or in german (or both)?

Best regards,

Jim

jey

• Frisch an Board
    Antwort #2 am: 20. Februar 2012, 05:45:30
    Thanks for your brief explanation.

We are runnig the shop in German and English. I don't know the german language thats what I raised the lot of question here.
    Modulshop - Eine große Auswahl an neuen und hilfreichen Modulen für die modified eCommerce Shopsoftware
    1 Antworten
    3354 Aufrufe
    03. März 2012, 09:01:06 von jannemann
    1 Antworten
    3188 Aufrufe
    16. April 2016, 09:26:54 von webald
    1 Antworten
    3321 Aufrufe
    06. Juli 2012, 16:04:36 von sunfreak

anything